Open Access Publishing Fund
The Open Access Publishing Fund of Leipzig University supports authors paying article processing charges in open access journals.
The Fund has received funding from the DFG 2014–2019.
Criteria of support
Criteria to qualify for support from the open access publishing fund:
- The submitting author responsible for the payment of article processing charges must be affiliated with Leipzig University.
- The journal of choice publishes all articles open access immediately. Open access options for single articles in subscription journals do not qualify for support.
- Article processing charges can be covered up to 2,000 € per article (19 % VAT included). Partial support of article costs exceeding this limit will be possible.
- The journal complies with the accepted scientific standards of the respective field of research. Commentaries are generally not supported.
- Authors publishing results from third-party funded projects are obliged to verify that there are no dedicated means available for publication within those funds. In cases where funding is available, but does not suffice, the difference can be paid from the publication fund.
Please do not forget to mention support from the fund, e.g. "The author(s) acknowledge support from Leipzig University for Open Access Publishing" or "Dieser Artikel wurde durch den Publikationsfonds der Universität Leipzig gefördert."
printable version (PDF – 150 kB):
If you plan on publishing results from BMBF or EU funded research, please check first if you qualify for support from the respective post grant funds for open access:
- covers article charges up to 2,400 €
- hybrid open access included
- eliglible up to 36 month post funding period
Official Announcement (German only).
FP7 post-grant Open Access publishing pilot
- covers article charges up to 2,000 €
- up to three publications per EU-grant
- application deadline will be February 28, 2018
More information on the OpenAire webpages.
To ensure the scientific quality of the open access support at Leipzig University, the open access publishing fund is attended by representatives of the rectors office. Scientists are supporting the open access office in edge cases and are reviewing the supported journals on a yearly basis.
The representatives of the rectors office responsible for the open access publishing fund:
- Prof. Michael Schaefer (Rudolf-Böhm-Institute of Pharmacology)
- Prof. Marius Grundmann (Institute of Experimental Physics II)
- Prof. Christian Wilhelm (Institute of Biology)
Regarding the quality of open access journals please also take a look at further information about open access journals.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
Lists open access journals and allows browsing by subject
- Mitglieder der Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association
Association of publishers of open access journals that adhere to a strict code of conduct
- Committee on Publication Ethics
Commitee on the ethics of scientific publishing
Enables searches of open access journals and plots author charges versus impact
- Open Access Journal List von Thomson Reuters
List of open access journals in Thomson Reuters Web of Science
Tip: use the Web of Science database to search for open access journals in your field!
- QOAM – Quality Open Access Market
Plattform for the evaluation of open access journals. Share your experience!
- JANE – Journal/Author Name Estimator
Semantic search tool not only for open access journals, especially useful for scienes