Open Access Policy of Leipzig University
On December 9, 2014 the senate of Leipzig University passed the following policy regarding open access as defined by the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities.
This is an english translation for information purposes only:
- Leipzig University supports scientists who publish scientific open access formats and strengthen independent and alternative open access publishing routes
- Leipzig University requests all scientists to publish their scientific works in open access journals, provided that a suitable journal was available.
- Leipzig University supports scientists to cover the cost thereby incurred.
- Leipzig University expects from the scientists that they make use of their right of self-archiving and publish their works as pre- or postprints in an open access version. For this purpose Leipzig University Library operates the university repository.
- Leipzig University recommends its scientists to maintain their right to publish electronic open access versions of their respective texts online.
The freedom of research and the free choice of a publisher remains unaffected by this policy.